A Ketogenic diet is very helpful in curing many health problems and one of the major benefits of following a ketogenic diet is weight loss or fat loss. Gaining weight is now very common among people and the keto diet helps those people in getting rid of that fat layer from your body. There are many ketogenic diet boosting supplements and pills on the market that can make it easier for you to achieve this goal in less time. To get ultra fast keto results, you can add them to your diet.
Even if you are not comfortable using those supplements of pills, you can use the strict keto diet to get the results. As everything has its own perks and some limitations, this diet also has some drawbacks as well, if you are following it on a daily basis and for a long time period. To know more about the pros and cons of the ketogenic diet, you can take a look below.
Major Perks Of This Diet
- Weight loss or fat loss is the major perk of this diet without any doubt. You can drop down your fat percentage easily by following this diet. There are many supplements that you can add to speed up the entire ketosis process but the normal diet can also do wonders if you are following it strictly with regular workout sessions every day.
- A Keto diet can help you in fighting and overcoming many body diseases like some cancers, dementia, bipolar disorders, and many more diseases. They are usually helpful at the recovering stages but the diet can also help you in curing the disease if you are in a very early stage.
- Who said you cannot gain muscle while you are following a ketogenic diet? The Keto diet is used for fat loss most of the time but if you increase your protein intake and fat consumption as well, you will get more good calories which will help you in gaining lean muscle mass while you will be on a leaner side.
- You are allowing your body to get more good calories as you can see that your brain, muscles, nervous system, and tissues are majorly composed of fats and that is why it is important to get more fats from the diet so that they can function at their best at all times.
Major Limitations Of This Diet
- When you are on a keto diet, your body uses fats to make energy for intense training which is less than the energy derived from the consumption of carbs. Athletes most of the time consume carbs before going for intense sessions to bring out the maximum potential from their body. If you are on a keto diet, you won’t be able to bring out your full potential.
- People who are thinking that eating sugar is bad for your body then let me tell you just like any other nutrient, your body needs sugar in the bloodstream so that it can have the required amount of glucose levels throughout the day. If you have low glucose levels, you might faint during any intense sessions and you will not be able to focus properly on your work.
- Foods that you consume in the keto diet are majorly fats, and during the consumption of more fats many people surpass the limit of saturated fats in their diet and end up spiking their cholesterol levels and risking their heart.
Fiber is a natural nutritional component that remains undigested when it passes through the intestine of the human body. A low-fiber diet includes quickly digested and processed foods. The Low Fiber Diet (also known as a Low Residue Diet, which decreases stool size and frequency) reduces the amount of undigested food passing through the small intestines.
This is especially important for people who experience inflammatory bowel illnesses (IBD). Colonoscopy preparers may also have to adopt a low-fiber diet, as advised by their doctor. All the necessary nutrients of a number of low fiber foods can still be obtained with careful planning.
Who Need It?
Many adults need food rich in fiber to maintain a healthy digestive system. However, for some people with specific conditions, a high-fiber diet is not adequate to make a low-fiber diet a better alternative. Conditions that might require a bowel diet include
- An IBD flareup, including the disease of Crohn, ulcerative colitis or diverticulitis,
- Inflammation of bowel sections,
- Before or after bowel operations.
A low-fiber diet can lower the risk of bowel obstruction or reduce symptoms like bloating or pain if the bowel is obstructed.
What To Eat
Appropriate diet and other conditions affecting bowel are key to better management of IBD. Many people use a low-fiber diet for short periods only, while others can use it as an on-going technique. Although it is still important to try to eat a variety of foods when you follow your diet only for a short period.
Depending on the specific symptoms and sensitivity, the following foods can be included in a low fiber diet:
- Low residue foods include cornflakes and rice bubbles
- Gluten-containing foods, such as pasta, naan bread, rolls, noodles, biscuits, cream crackers, and white flour.
- Starchy, gluten-free food, for example, white rice, rice cakes.
- Skins-removed cooked potatoes
- Small amounts of skin-removed fruits like ripe bananas, melons, and tinned fruit smooth juice. Smooth butter of peanut
- Vegetables without peel, seeds, and stalks, smooth tomato sauce, sewn soups or broth.
- Small quantities of dairy products are only available if adverse symptoms are not caused
- Meat, chicken, pork, lamb, fish, eggs, or tofu.
What Not To Eat?
Many nutrient-rich foods are not included in your low residue diet like:
- Whole-wheat pasta, brown bread, seeded loaves.
- Breakfast cereals, including muesli, corn flakes, or cereals with added nuts and dried fruits.
- Vegetable skins, peels, and seeds.
- Cakes and pastries with fruits, seeds or nuts.
- Seeded fruits and leaves, including raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, pulp, fruit of passion, kiwi, bananas, cocoa, and fresh figs.
- Lenses, baked beans, kidney beans, and chickpeas are all pulses.
- Seeds, including, flaxseeds and sunflower seeds.
- Nuts and crunchy Peanut Butter, like walnuts, brazil nuts, almonds, cashews.
- Fatty meat or Fish with or the skin are still on with bones.
If it is difficult or painful to eat or digest, it is necessary to contact a physician. Patients with IBD may need significant support from a nutritionist in order to control the disease during rehabilitation. While much evidence disputes the best dietary solution to avoiding or delaying IBD relapse, evidence exists supporting a semi-vegetarian diet and diets of exclusion. A varied diet containing all the nutrients and calories needed for maintaining energy levels is necessary.…
For most people, weight loss means having to give up on all their favourite foods forever. While you cannot deny the fact that you have to give up snacking up the unhealthy junk food, there are ways to make your weight loss journey filled with delicious food that can excite your taste buds. Weight Watchers program is one such way to help you enjoy your food while shedding those extra kilos. For those of you who haven’t heard about the Weight Watchers program, it is a diet and healthy eating program characterized by its point system which assigns a certain number of points to meals and food items. It is a means to track your weight loss journey and keep you motivated along the way.
Different meal plans are given different point values. The meals are given different point values based on their calorific value, fat content, carb content and various other nutritional values. A person following the Weight Watchers meal plan gets certain ideal point range for each day. The objective is to stay under that range in order to lose weight.
The Weight Watchers program relies on its unique point system. This makes it crucial for the followers of this system to make sure that they know the exact point values of their meals. There are a lot of resources that can give you access to a wide variety of Weight Watchers recipes. Each recipe comes with a list of ingredients and a set of instructions. You also get to know about the number of points for each serving of the recipe.
The recipes are generally easy to make at home. There are recipes for just about any food taste. There are salads, fruits, vegetables, low-fat meals among others. The program doesn’t limit users to boring or bland foods. You get a lot of choices to choose from. Each point value has a variety of recipes. You can choose the ones that are suitable for your weight loss goals.
The recipes are customized keeping in mind the low point value suitable for users. Besides, these recipes are highly nutritious and fulfilling. All these factors when combined makes a diet that improves the health of those who follow the recipes and point system. The food prepared from Weight Watchers recipes are absolutely useful for dieters who are willing to lose weight and gain control on their appetite.
When compared to other weight loss recipes, these recipes are healthier and tastier. So, if you are on a mission to lose weight without punishing your taste buds, give this a try. Apart from enjoying your meals, you will get to know about a whole new world of recipes that are tasty and healthy.
We hope you found this article useful and informative. If you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know about it in the comment section below. We would be glad to get back to you. Also, share the post with people who you think will find it useful. Thank you very much for reading!…