My husband was nearing forty and being a good wife, I made sure to remind him that he is getting old(we are goofy like that)..he keeps me reminding that I will be a mean little lady with grey hair, slouched body and no teeth in a while and I keep reminding him that he will become a bitter man who fights on topics like politics and weather. Anyway, we just keep getting goofier and goofier..but at the end of the day, we love each other and on the bonus side, our daughter enjoys our mindless banter..she loves how mom and dad are best friends first and husband and wife later. She thinks we are cool(shocking, huh?).
Anyway, I decided to give a gift to my best friend this birthday..but being absolutely lost on what to give him was a regular..I mean, look at him, he’s so lucky..he can give his wife even a piece of jewelry and she would be on cloud 9..but what about me? I have to put in so much thought just because there are so many limited gifts that screams creativity.Still, I made a list of possible gift items I could give him.
- Something customized: I could give him a customized gift like a photograph bouquet or a photo album or an explosion box with pictures on it..but isn’t it a little cliche? I mean it is a sweet option, my husband would like it too, but I wanted the gift to be a little different and these things are trending.
- Penny boards: Penny board is a kind of a skateboard which is smaller, made of plastic or maple and is portable. One of my colleague told me about it and said I could buy the best Cal 7 penny board..this option seems a lot more interesting and a little different..and surely my husband would love it because I know he loved skating since he was a child.
- Stars: I heard about a place which helps you name stars after your loved ones..you also get a certificate for that..it is a very interesting option and well..romantic too!
- A watch: I can gift a watch too, but my husband already has a huge collection and he would just pile it up with others because he is not that fond of watches.
- Wallet, belt and deodorant combination: This gift is utterly practical as it is useful and also easy on the pocket, but isn’t it a little too basic?
- Shirt and tie: As my husband is a businessman and he has to go to a lot of meetings, he needs to be dressed prim and properly everyday..thus, he requires formal wear daily..but again, it is a very basic gift and has no innovation to it.
- Shoes: My husband is a huge shoe fanatic and he loves to keep a good collection of different types of shoes..he is very particular about his shoes and he does not like anyone else’s choice..so it would be a waste to buy shoes for him.
I got tired of pondering and assessing, so I took a poll among three of my male colleagues and considering my husband’s choice, I finally settled on giving him a penny board as well as I would name a star after him..I am sure he would love these gifts.